Sunday, 1 January 2017

CAS Mix Up January Challenge

Happy New Year!  Thanks to all of you who participated in our challenge last year.  We hope to see more of your wonderful creations in 2017!

Thanks to all that entered last month's sponging challenge.  Julie B. was our top pick for the December Challenge.  She designed this amazing card!

You can see all the gorgeous cards from last month's challenge on our December Pinterest Page.


On to this month's challenge ...this month I'm the hostess.


We are defining liquid colors as any color medium that comes in liquid form.  It can be Alcohol inks, Re-inkers, Stains, Paints, Sprays etc.  

Use an old favorite liquid medium or try something new. Mainly, have fun with it!

Please enter only Clean and Simple Mixed Media cards.
Thank you!!

Welcome Trina (My Crafting Closet) as this month's Guest Designer.  She won our November masking challenge  with this beautiful card.

Our sample cards for this month...
(Guest Designer)
Using Stamping, Re-inker Spread, Heat Embossing, Fussy Cutting, Die Cutting and Splatters

(Host)
Using Stamping, Distress Stains, Acrylic Paint, Die Cutting, and Embossing Paste with Stencil.

Loll

Using Liquid Colours (Ranger Alcohol Inks), Floating Alcohol Ink Technique,
Inlaid Die-cutting, stamping

Nancy

Using Stamping, Alcohol Inks on Yupo Paper, Die Cuts and sequins

Susan

Using Alcohol Inks on Yupo, Stamping, and Die Cut

Using Stamps, Alcohol Inks on Yupo, die cut and sequins.

Liquid colours (Winsor Inks), stamping, die cut, vellum & heat embossing

-----

We are also providing a few YouTube videos for you to watch if you'd like.

January - Liquid Colours videos:  

Alcohol Inks with Yupo Paper by Loll Thompson (5:49)
Tim Holtz Distress Stains by Joggles (8:35)
Watercolor with Re-inkers by Kristina Werner (8:01)
Distress Paints by Kristina Werner (6:36)
Baby Wipe Technique by Beate/Splitcoast Stampers (2:23)


-----

- Challenge open until 24th.







5 comments:

  1. Such beautiful inspiration and another fun challenge...Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for giving me an incentive to use my alchol inks again. Looking forward to another year of challenges and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I love about this challenge blog, apart from the beautiful creations by the DTs, is the different techniques I learn from the videos and each DT! Gorgeous cards from all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope my design is CAS enough, but just delete me if not. I couldn't bear to cut down my pretty bg any further! Thank you for another fun challenge and such incredibly beautiful inspiration cards from all!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of lovely card and inspiration - I love watercolours and like Darnell I'm not sure if my card is CAS either.

    ReplyDelete